Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ella's Minnie Mouse Birthday Bash!



I just love all things with polka dots...so Minnie Mouse was a perfect theme for this adorable  birthday party! We were leaving for Disney World just a week later...so we had the mouse on our mind! 

I made these personalized place mats for each guest, with the Minnie silhouette at the top. Of course we had to have "the ears"! I found these at Party City ...at a great price! The personalized Minnie themed water bottles were a cute take home gift and a great additional decoration as well.

Here is our birthday girl with her ears and handmade Minnie shirt! I made these with supplies from Michaels. They are 100% washable. We attached Minnie's bow with a snap, so when it is time to wash...you just unsnap the bow and throw it in the washing machine...and snap it back on when it is clean! I can't tell you how many grosgrain ribbon shirts I have ruined in the wash!







 Here is Big Sister Ainsley modeling the Minnie t-shirt.






 Grammie and the birthday girl! Everyone who comes to one of my girls birthday parties has to wear a hat! I found these adorable Mickey hats at Party City.












 


I just love a floral centerpiece! I found this milk glass vase at a resale shop in St Louis...best part...it was only $4!!! I am really into milk glass right now, which can become a pretty expensive hobby. I have found that going to resale shops and exploring web sites like ebay are the best way to go. My Grandma loved this one so much that I had to leave it with her! She has it in her black and white bedroom! 










My good friend, Bekah, made these sweet ribbons for each girl! We had both wanted to learn how to make korker ribbons, so she said that she would try it. It worked and they turned out SUPER CUTE! 



My girls LOVE a pedicure...I am probably spoiling them for their future husbands! It has become a tradition at our parties to have flip flops for all the girls!








We painted red and black toes...at first I was not happy...but they turned out really cute! Grammie even had her toes painted to get ready for Disney World!


Since we had the party out of town...I didn't have the time to make a birthday cake. I was a little disappointed. We found this surprisingly yummy red velvet cake along with mini strawberry cupcakes at Walmart and just decorated them up. Ella picked out the Minnie and the candles that topped her cake. 



She loved her cake and is still talking about how she had a cake AND cupcakes at her party!

 
   Ultimately, this is what it is all about...one happy family!  




            Thanks to all our friends and family for sharing
this special day with us!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all! I really do love the flower arrangement too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! I thought you were a Minnie girl!

    ReplyDelete