Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kiersten's Garden Party Birthday Celebration!

When Kiersten's Mor-Mor (Swedish for Grandma), asked me to do her 7th birthday, I was very excited because I know Kiersten loves all things girlie! I asked little K, which is what we call her, what she wanted...she said pink flowers and make-up, that I can do! What could be more dainty and girlie than a garden party! 


I used the color palette of mostly pink and yellow, our birthday girl's favorite colors, and some pale green. I found these wonderful pink and cream floral pictures at IKEA and used that as an inspiration. You can get some of the greatest props at IKEA...and you gotta love the price! I got both of these pictures for under $15 and they will look great in my girl's rooms or in our guest bathroom. I am all about re-purposing things!

I found some of the most beautiful fabrics to use! I am a sucker for damask...and I fed my
need with this party. I love the damask runner on this table! Each girl had their own nosegay at their seat, which I made out of some clearance silks and yellow ribbon. I found the most adorable topiary place card holders at Hobby Lobby and used my trusty Cricut to cut pink flowers for their name cards. My favorite thing on the table were the silk arrangements that my Grandma Green and I made together! Are they not wonderful! I learned everything I know from Grandma and I was so excited that she agreed to help me! 


On the back of each girls chair was there beautiful silk flower shirt, made by Illeana's Bowtique! These pictures do not do these shirts justice...to quote a friend, "They are STUNNING!!!" You must go and check out her etsy shop here! By the end of the party some of the mom's were wanting a shirt for themselves!

 
Sweets, sweets and more sweets!!! Our guests enjoyed birthday cake, of course, pink flower chocolate suckers, lemon cupcake pops (my favorite!) adorable flower cookies and Bella Boo Truffles! A special thanks to Christina from Cookies are my Canvas for the beautiful and delicious flowers cookies! They were almost to pretty to eat...almost! To keep in theme I laid the cookies on a bed of "Easter grass"...the girls loved it!

 The girls decorated their cupcakes with Sixlets and little candy flowers from Wilton. We used green icing for grass and they made their own gardens on their cupcakes. We then put their creations in sheer food boxes for them to take home and enjoy later!
Cake Time!!! I made my cake the day before on what was probably the hottest day of the year, so far! I was petrified that all that fondant work was going to melt everywhere...so I took it over the night before, so that the sun wouldn't beat down on it! It made it! I was so relieved!!!


On to the makeovers!!!We had a beauty bar full of necklaces, rings in personalized boxes, eye shadow, lipgloss, face glitter and personalized crystal bracelets. We even had a butterfly for each girl to put in their hair or on their necklaces! 

  The girls had a great time...aren't they beautiful!!! In addition to their Illeana's Bowtique t-shirts, each girl was given a tutu that I made. Our birthday girl, Kiersten, pictured in the middle, got a very special birthday skirt from AdoraBelle Pettiskirts! She loves it and didn't want to take it off after the party. If you are ever in need of a pettiskirt...or just want one because they are awesome...you have to check out AdoraBelle!

 

Last but not least...pedicure time!!! We set up an archway with garland for our pedicure bar. We also used it for a background for our thank you pictures! Each girl got their own flip-flops with their names on them. 


When it was time to go, the girls took home all of their beauty bar finds and a special flower pen that K's Grandma made...pictured in the beauty bar pictures...and their custom cupcakes home. We had our birthday girl write a special note of thanks to her guests and framed it.
All of the girls seemed to have a wonderful time...most importantly, Kiersten loved everything about her special day!!! 


Thanks again to:




Lynn "Mor-Mor" Anderson

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful party, I love the colours and all the details are just stunning. The Cake is so pretty, what a wonderful theme! Glad to have found your Blog. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete